Transform Your Dancing at DJam!
Want to really get into the swing of your dancing?
Enjoying your Lindy Hop classes? Want to learn more and pack in the fun?
Join us at DJam
– a swing dance festival at the stunning Beamish Hall Hotel in County Durham. A weekend of swing dance workshops, social dancing, great music and loads of fun.
Learn some new moves in a range of dance workshops – from beginners to advanced
Enjoy inspirational expert teaching – our teachers are hand-picked for their skills, enthusiasm and care for new dancers
Join around 150 swing dance fans from all over the UK and Europe on the spacious dance floor
As a new-comer you’ll get a special welcome from my team. We’ll guide Beginners Plus through every step from registration to choosing your workshops and enjoying the social dancing and parties.
Transform your dance skills and return to your local classes ready to dazzle with bags of confidence and some new moves.
Get into the swing big style with a full Weekend Pass
· Choose from more than 50 dance workshops, taster sessions and practice time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
· Join all the social evening and afternoon dances including the Masquerade Ball and Afternoon Vintage Tea Dance.
All for just £89
Can’t make the whole weekend?
· Includes all Saturday dance workshops, taster sessions and practice time.
· Plus the Masquerade Ball (the social dancing highlight of the weekend)
· Includes all Sunday dance workshops, taster sessions and practice time.
· Plus Vintage Tea Dance and cakes
Just dipping your toes in?
One 2-hour beginner workshop on Saturday
Discounted Ticket Prices for Beginners
DJam Dance Pass
1 Sat class
2 hours only
As lead-follow pair
Group of 6+
What to Bring or Wear?
1.Lots of casual clothing that is easy to dance in for a full day of classes on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
2. Lots of changes of shirts and socks and do not underestimate how much you will need as you will get sweaty.
3. Make sure to bring plenty of deodorant with you, even to classes
4. Friday dress code is - wear your scene t-shirt so we can see how many scenes are represented!
5. Saturday's social is the main event and the theme is a masked ball & 1920's glamour so try and bring a mask for that if you can. Sunday's theme is casual and Black & White. Monday night social theme is Vintage.
6) Dance shoes! If you plan to do any trekking around (not sure how you'll find the time) then bring wellies or other appropriate foot ware for that.
7) Make sure you have sorted your travel to Durham. If you are going by train, buy your ticket in advance, as soon as possible.
8) Get as well-rested as you can before DJam as it is pretty full-on!
How do I book
or click here
What time do the Beginner-Plus classes start?
Saturday 10:00-11:30 (optional practice 11:30-12:00) then 13:50-15;20 (optional practice 15:20-15:50)
Sunday 10:00-11:30 (optional practice 11:30-12:00) then 13:50-15;20 (optional practice 15:20-15:50)
What about Friday? Are there any classes on Friday?
There are optional taster classes from 16:00 before the evening social dancing from 20:00.
What is the difference between Core Classes & Taster Classes?
The core classes will give you the basics of Lindy Hop. The Taster classes will give you interesting, background knowledge in swing music or you can dip your toes into another style of dance or attend a class on how to social dance with confidence.
Apart from classes, what else happens during the day?
There is a lot going on to entertain and excite you! There is a restaurant onsite so some dancers will socialise over a meal. There is free tea and coffee provided by the DJam Team, so catch up with old friends and make new friends over some refreshments. In the main hotel lounge, there is cosy log fire and lots of board games and jigsaw puzzles.
Do I need to book with a partner?
You don't need to book with a partner but if you book as part of a lead-follow pair, you will both get a discount.
Am I expected to attend every class?
There is so much on offer but look after yourself and attend as many as your energy will allow you. You can attend classes or skip classes. It's your weekend, so do things at your own pace.
Can I watch some classes?
Please check with the teacher of that class before you watch the class.
How do I know what time my classes are?
Here is the draft schedule to give you an idea.
This is likely to change a bit before the weekend. A few days before DJam, you will receive an email with Joining Information and the final schedule.
Do I need to book each class individually if I register for the DJam Pass?
If you book the DJam Pass - you get a ‘Pass’ to all Beginner Lindy Hop ‘Core’ classes and a section of ‘Taster’ classes. The core classes will give you the basics of Lindy Hop. The Taster classes will give you interesting, background knowledge in swing music or you can dip your toes into another style of dance or attend a class on how to social dance with confidence.
You don’t need to book for any individual bits. It’s like a buffet. You pay one price and eat as much or as little as you want. You don’t need to order your dishes separately or decide what to eat a week in advance. Hope that makes sense!
Do I have to dress up in the evenings?
Many dancers will dress according to the suggested dress code and some will come as they are. Everyone is welcome to wear clothes that they comfortable for dancing. For dress codes, see the party themes here.
Apart from general social dancing, what else happens in the evening parties?
There is a lot going on to entertain and excite you! Some will be planned and some will be spontaneous! Take a look at the overall party plan.
How do I get to the venue?
Here's some travel information.
Do I need to stay over the hotel?
Some people are staying over at the hotel (even if they live locally) as the schedule is packed with some many exciting things, we don't want to miss out, some are staying at nearby hotels, some are going home in between activities.
How do I get up-to-date information or ask for help?
The best way is to post your questions or requests for help on the DJam Facebook Page
and DJam Event Page
What about food?
Take a look at the information about food here. Please make sure that you book your lunch if you want the free lunch.
Got more questions? Head over to the FAQ page
or email us for help